Friday, July 17, 2009

Praise the Lord for He is Faithful!

Yesterday started off as a rough day. I was frustrated because I could not get on the internet at my school all morning and talk with my mom. On my way home for lunch I stopped by a coffee shop called Higher Grounds to see if I could get online. On the door I saw a sign advertising a worship service hosted by YWAM on Thursday nights at 7pm. I thought it would be cool to go but my host family has dinner at 7pm. I finally got online at the coffee shop and was able to chat with my mom and started to feel better. After lunch, I decided going to the worship service would be worth missing dinner. Later in the day, while I spent time with the Lord, I asked Him to provide fellowship and friends and to be with me as I was a little nervous going to the worship service by myself. The first girl I met told me she was also a missionary with Kids Alive International here in Guatemala. Her name is Melanie, she is in her 20s, she lives here in Antigua and works in the KAI orphanage "Oasis" which is about 15 minutes away. Come to find out was Leanne Root's, my high school discipleship leader, roommate in college! How crazy is that?! I had a great time talking with her about her experience as she has been in the field for almost 1 1/2 years. She was such a blessing as she said she would love to hang out anytime. I am hoping to see the orphanage she works at over the next couple of weekends. Let's just say I know that God played a role in getting me to the coffee shop and I left very encouraged. Tomorrow and Sunday I am heading to Lake Atitlan and Chichicastengo through a travel agency and with a couple of friends. I will post pictures next week. Thank you for your prayers!!! :)

Julie-Anne

P.S.- Kids Alive has a new website. If you would like to see more information on Kids Alive International, see my biography, or donate online, please visit:
http://www.kidsalive.org/around-the-world/latin-america/dominican-republic/

Psalm 67:4
"Let the nations be glad and sing for joy, for you judge the peoples with equity and guide the nations upon earth."

4 comments:

  1. Oh how I love small world connections like that! So cool how God just provides situations and people and conversations like that to encourage us on our way. Love the blog, Julie-Anne - sounds great so far!! Glad to see you are taking advantage of where you are and exploring things - like live volcanos (AWESOME!). Love you!

    -Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful story of God's plan for you coming to fruition yesterday evening!!! God truly cares for you, and each of us, and sees to our every need. I am so happy that you have found a new friend. Won't Leanne be surprised and happy for you! We serve an AWESOME GOD !!! I love you so much, and miss you too, but am so glad you have this amazing opportunity to show God's love, and to see His beautiful creation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two lakes in one weekend!!!!!! God is Amazing!! HEHE! I am so jealous!

    I can just picture God leading you by the hand to the coffee shop and saying "OH! but just wait till you see this!!" We know that God is with us always but it sure is comforting when you get SEE his guidance like that! Miss you lots, Love you more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Julie-Anne. I just wanted you to know we have been following your posts and have been keeping you in prayer. I just wanted to drop you a word of encouragement. It is evident by what you have posted that the Lord's hand is in what you have set out to do. Also, keep in mind how the Lord has been faithful to you in the past. When I begin to doubt, He always reminds me of his faithfulness in the past. Also, it is amazing how the Lord has prepared us for the task set before us. All the things he has brought you through up until this point was His perfect planning so you could go forward, be prepared, and be obedient to what he has in store for you in the future. After all, after you have been through all those grueling cross country practices and track practices, you can make it through anything. :)

    Take care,

    Love,

    Mr. and Mrs. Kuiper

    ReplyDelete