Sunday, December 6, 2009

Monte Plata...It's been 6 years

Here are some pictures from my short trip to Monte Plata. Kyle, Emily, Jenilea, (other KAI missionaries who teach English at our Care Centers in either Constanza, Caraballos, or Palo Blanco) and I went to talk with and watch Rebekah, another Kids Alive missionary, teach English. Rebekah is the new director of English programs for the DR. She has been teaching English for about 3 years and is wonderful! Apart from watching English classes, this trip was really meaningful to me as I have not been back to Monte Plata since I first came six years ago.


The orphanage I helped build over 6 years ago in Monte Plata.


The now completed and open orphanage called Casa Monte Plata through Kids Alive. I had no idea I was helping build an orphanage for Kids Alive at the time!


Inside one of the houses in Casa Monte Plata.


At Casa Monte Plata.


View from Casa Monte Plata


This is where I originally decided I wanted to go abroad to serve.


This is the same room I stayed in six years ago.


Kids Alive school in Monte Plata.


Kyle, Emily, Jenilea, and myself getting ready to watch Rebekah teach English.

2 comments:

  1. Wow quite an experience! Being a part of the ministry that you helped lay a building foundation for 6 years earlier! God works in mysterious ways to get His people to do His work in His time! God is guiding you, so you know your future is secure as you follow His plan! We are so excited to see you work for our Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so crazy that you helped build a KAI orphanage 6 years ago! I love how God works.

    ReplyDelete