Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Thoughts from Last Weeks Home Visit

Thank-You Lord for helping Natahly and I find the students houses during home visits last week. I feel a little weird reflecting on today's home visits. During the visits, I felt like saying, "these houses weren't too poor" or the situations weren't too bad." I can't let myself get numb to seeing these living conditions or compare their needs. No matter the situation, God is good and He is our Provider. I continued to reflect on the day as I took a shower. I remembered seeing one of the girls moms through a window outback who had just finished bathing. It was most likely a bucket shower as this family doesn't have a bathroom. Wow, how grateful I was to be standing in an actual shower, inside my house, and with hot water. I have to remind myself that my life is not fuller or better because I live "comfortably." Yet why do I always find something to complain or be ungrateful about? God is Provider for all His people. God, I ask You to bring these families into having personal relationships with You and that they would seek You as their Provider.

Philippians 4:12-13 "I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

1 comment:

  1. Julie-Anne, you are processing thoughts and questions that many adults have not been exposed to. God is growing you! You are seeing God as He truly loves people, and seeing the urgency to bring the gospel to everyone.

    ReplyDelete