Friday, May 7, 2010

Home Visit Update

This weeks home visits were a little different than normal. Over the past several weeks I have gone with each of the teachers who do home visits so they know what kinds of questions they should be asking, what types of things they should be observing, etc. As the school year is coming to an end and as I'm heading to the States for a visit in 10 days, we still have a lot of home visits to do in a little amount of time. So this week, all of us went out to do home visits. Together we must have visited over 20 students this week! Here are some pictures from the visits I went on.




During this home visit out in a campo (outside of Jarabacoa), there were lots of kids that lived nearby running around and they all treated me like an American! Most people in town see Americans (missionaries, tourists, etc.) semi-regularly but it was like these kids had rarely seen a white person. One of the girls couldn't stop playing with my hair, another kept saying "americana" to get my attention, and they all ran beside me and held my hands when we were leaving. It was so cute!

2 comments:

  1. Those kids are so cute! (And so are you:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have a special, caring way with the kiddos! I love you! Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete