Monday, June 28, 2010

El Gran Circulo del Arca


Every Friday night during the summer, all the kids at the Ark (our residential site in Jarabacoa) and even some house parents put on a show for each other. The kids are put into groups by gender and age and come up with a variety of performances including skits, dances, singing, and other talents. It was so neat to sit and watch all the kids and house parents have fun together on a causal Friday night. I loved looking from the first row of youngest kids thinking, "Wow, just a year or two ago these kids were in awful, awful situations and now they are healthy, happier, loved, and growing up in godly homes," all the way to the last row of kids, some who are graduating from Anija this week and thinking, "It's amazing to see how these kids have embraced new opportunities over the years while living at the Ark and now they are leaders and role models for the younger kids sitting just a few rows from them."
Hopefully I will get to keep going to El Gran Circulo del Arca throughout the summer (depending if I can get a ride out there) and maybe even be brave enough to perform something with the interns or other missionaries!









4 comments:

  1. It looks like the kids were having fun and enjoying themselves. I think you would have fun being part of a skit with some of the other missionaries.

    Love you. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds almost hard to fathom (what you said about the changes in the kids lives) Its like watching a miracle happen right in front of you!

    Have you heard Kutless's song "What Faith Can Do"? The chorus goes -

    I’ve seen dreams that move the mountains
    Hope that doesn’t ever end
    Even when the sky is falling
    I’ve seen miracles just happen
    Silent prayers get answered
    Broken hearts become brand new
    That’s what faith can do

    Because of your experience there, this is so true for me! Its one of my favorite songs!

    I am sooo proud of you and love you soo soo much!

    OH and PS -
    You have to get someone to video for you if you do anything at El Gran Circulo del Arca, ok? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't think of any better way to say what I feel than what Jenn said! KAI, with your hard work IS making a DIFFERENCE!!

    ReplyDelete