Sunday, August 29, 2010

My New Motorcycle!

I BOUGHT A MOTORCYCLE!


I had originally raised support to buy a motorcycle but ended up borrowing a pasola for the last year. Finally, I decided to upgrade from a pasola (which is more like a scooter) and buy a motorcycle of my own. One big reason for buying a new motorcycle was that I didn't have the title for the pasola I was driving as the owner now lives in the States, and not having the title has turned out to be a big problem. Also, pasolas aren't very strong. I always felt bad when a passenger had to get off and walk up a hill because the pasola didn't have enough power. My motorcycle now has gears but not a clutch. Finally, a new KAI missionary arrived about 2 weeks ago and needs a form of transportation. I remember how hot it was to walk everywhere (especially to Spanish tutoring which is a mile and a half away) in the hottest months of the year, August and September. So now that I bought a motorcycle, she can use the pasola until she feels ready to buy her own. I'm so thankful I had funds to purchase a motorcycle although it was a little more expensive than I anticipated. It really is a blessing to have transportation. :)
And when you think of me, please pray for safety!

No comments:

Post a Comment