Friday was pretty low-key as Jenilea and I stayed at the Kids Alive site while Jeff went looking for land to buy.During the the day I really enjoyed playing with the 8 or 9 kids that hadn't been placed in homes yet. We spent an hour just taking pictures in the morning. In the afternoon I pushed some of the kids on the swings, played games, and did handstands with them. Other than spending time with the kids, Jenilea and I unpacked and sorted 13 huge duffel bags that were full of donations. International Order of the Kings Daughters and Sons donated over 150 backpacks packed with school supplies, toys, clothes, and a personal note. They also donated tons of shirts and pants for school uniforms.
As I mentioned earlier, Jeff went to look at a new and bigger property to buy in hopes of building a residential site (like the Ark here in Jarbacoa) to move all the kids to. Praise the Lord, Jeff was able to purchase the land! As of now, we have four work teams scheduled to help with construction, two teams in the fall and two more in January.
Love this picture!
Playing on the swings- I think some of the kids had never been on a swing before.
They loved playing soccer...
and playing with my hair. :)
The first few bags had tons of shirts and pants for school uniforms for the new kids.

Incredible! I can't believe how fast things are moving on the residential site! The Kids needed and God provided! Just like that! It's almost unbelieveable!!
ReplyDeleteGod answered your desire and prayer to go visit Haiti! I'm sure the kiddos didn't want you to leave! :) Awww...and that last picture says it all! Kids need so much love.
ReplyDelete