Winifer wrote this on my hand during church,
"God loves you. You are a good teacher."
Winifer lives at the Ark and is in fourth grade at Anija. Recently I've been feeling like I just want to spend more time hanging out with these kids, whether that's out at the Ark or with our kids that live in the community. Sometimes I find myself looking at one of our kids and thinking about what their life was like before living at the Ark or what their current living situation is if they live in the community. I wonder how often the kids at the Ark think about their biological parents, even if they were abusive, unloving, neglectful, alcoholics, have died, etc. I'm so grateful I get to love them even if that's through being the librarian, helping teach English, and not quite understanding what they are saying. I've realized that these kids have made their way into my heart. I'm hoping I'll have more time to hangout once my Spanish class is done after this week.
Please be praying for these kids hearts and for healing. I also ask for prayer for new sponsors so we can continue funding our programs and giving these kids opportunities to know Jesus and His love.
Winifer is so right! You are teaching students like Winifer that God loves them!
ReplyDeleteWOW! Julie-Anne You have an amazing heart! I could not be more proud to call you my sister! I love you so much!
ReplyDelete