Saturday, December 11, 2010

Update on Anija's Volleyball Team

Today Anija played in a volleyball tournament against 3 other schools. I am so proud to support our team as they have really come a long way. A fellow missionary, Jessica, (who works with Students International) has taken Anija's volleyball team under her wings and has really made a difference in their lives. These girls have practice three times a week, a Bible study, and an optional English class once a week. I have seen a difference in their attitudes on and off the court, improved sportsmanship, and of course better volleyball skills. The atmosphere at volleyball games and tournaments are always so uplifting with Christian music playing over loud speakers as well as a short devotional given by a guest speaker. Although I am not personally a part of coaching the team this year, I am very supportive, proud, and excited for the growth these girls have made over the past couple of months. I go to as many of their games and events as I can and I am their number one fan!

Anija Volleyball Team (including alumni of Anija and a couple extra girls)

All the teams that participated in today's tournament.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, do you think I could get one of the Anija Volleyball t-shirts? I'll pay you back!! or Christmas gift idea ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even buy one for myself! (I was borrowing one) sorry :-/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like most of the girls are wearing tennis shoes. I guess they're getting the idea that it's easier to play in them rather than sandals. :)

    ReplyDelete