As the year has gone on, a couple of the Haitian boys (who came over after the earthquake) have been asking me when they get to go to the library. So after talking with the Directors, we had our first library class last week. We've practiced signing the note cards, turning the pages correctly, and putting books back correctly on the shelf. It was funny trying to explain everything right in Spanish and then realizing that they probably aren't understanding everything I say anyways.
I think Jeff really likes Bible stories. He would tell me (or at least try to in Spanish) all about the story in the picture on every page.
Helping each other sign the note cards.
First day of officially checking out books for these boys!
That is amazing! I love to see those boys interested in learning!
ReplyDeleteIs his real name Jeff?
ReplyDeleteYes, at least that's what we're sticking with. We don't have any official documents of any of them since they walked over from Haiti after the earthquake.
ReplyDelete