Thursday, February 17, 2011

My Friend in the Library

I have this friend who likes to follow me in the library, although unlike other friends this one usually scares me. Seriously though, this lizard is ALWAYS wherever I am. If I'm by the computers, it's there, by the bookshelf for teachers, it's there, by the table where the books are returned, it's there, by the window, it's there, by my supplies, it's there. Usually only the first sighting of the day makes me jump a little but I try to prepare myself and expect it to be there wherever I turn. Anyways, a couple days ago I saw the lizard shedding its' skin and then he ate it! I should have taken a video but at least here's a picture.


7 comments:

  1. Well I'm glad you have a nice pet to keep you company during the day. Do you give it hugs? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing! He is probably feasting on spiders and and other insects in the library! Good for Him and Good for You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dad- no I don't give it hugs and mom- he's probably feasting on the crumbs from me eating (don't tell my kids I eat in the library, they're not allowed to!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, I am glad to hear that you have firmly crossed the line to adulthood where you get to say to the students "Do as I say not as I do!" That was what I used to say to my students when I always had a Big Gulp in the computer lab when the students could not have any food or drink in the lab.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!!! You guys are hysterical!! Julie-Anne, I think your "friend" needs a name! How bout Dewey? Like for Dewey decimal system? .... no I didn't come up with that one on my own but I still think it's a good name for a library pet, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenn, agreed. He needs a name Julie-Anne. I like Dewey too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I thought about naming it, but I couldn't decide if it was a girl or boy... we thought of "Lizzie" if it's a girl. Remember when I use to have a frog named Mr. Froggie? :)

    ReplyDelete