Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Three Little Pigs and a Couple Other Pictures

Recently I've started reading a story in the first and second grade classes each week. Last week I read a shorter version of The Three Little Pigs and told the class I was going to read the same story the following week but with a little twist, and that I had a special prop that I was bringing. I told the class that I would need a helper and that their teacher was going to tell me who behaved the best during the week to choose who would be my helper.

So, I brought in a play set for The Three Little Pigs that someone had given me (thank you!) that included the three little pigs and the wolf. My helper moved the pieces to the different houses as I read the story.

The kids (and teachers) thought it was pretty cool.

And although my Spanish still isn't the best, the kids sat and listened well.

One another note...
We had a work team here last week who brought a backpack full of presents for this cute kiddo from one of his sponsors. He drew a kaleidoscope and a kite, two of the gifts he received on his thank you card. He is one happy boy!

Here's a glimpse of a few of the thank you cards kids made to send to their sponsors this week.
(Click on the picture to enlarge it)

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures of you with the 2nd graders! You look so relaxed and the children are very focused! I am so proud of you, sweetie. You obviously have a very special gift with children!

    ReplyDelete