This week I happened to take a lot of pictures of books, which is understandable seeing as how I'm a librarian.
Usually I'm the one reading a book to the first and second graders but this week I brought in books for them to read. I've been teaching them how to take care of books so they will be ready to use the library next year (at least for the 2nd graders).
All the books were short stories from the Bible.
And the best part is, all these books were donated! I already had copies of these particular stories so I gave them to the second grade class to keep in their classroom.
These are some of the new books I bought a couple months ago. Since each book has a lot of great stories in them, I've decided to keep these 4 in the library instead of loaning them out (I don't think I'd ever get them back). These girls like to come during recess to read them.
Here is a book that one of our fellow Kids Alive missionaries, Marcie Cooper, wrote and got published! It's a great book to help kids learn the 'teen' numbers.
You can purchase your own copy at http://marciecooper.tateauthor.com/.
What a huge difference is made in a child's life when they learn to read!
ReplyDelete