Friday, May 20, 2011

Melia's Birthday

Yesterday was Melia's birthday. Melia is one of Paul and Marcie Cooper's children. They are fellow Kids Alive missionaries that I had lived next to until a couple weeks ago. Paul works with me at Anija (he's my boss) and Melia is in first grade there. I've loved getting to know them, play with and babysit their kids, eat dinner with them, call them for a helping hand, having good conversations with Marcie, and so much more.

I took Melia for ice cream after school.

Melia invited the girls from her first grade class (and me!) to her birthday party.

The Coopers also have a little pool which was so fun for the kids to play in. A Dominican tradition is to dump water on the birthday person so they were chasing and splashing Melia in the pool.

Luisanna didn't bring her swimsuit so we stayed inside and colored. She is so sweet and well-mannered!

The party was fairy-themed. They played a cute game which ended with them all dressed up! Overall, I think Melia had a very fun day. :)


3 comments:

  1. What a fun birthday!!! I can't wait to tell Melia Happy (slightly belated) Birthday!!! in person!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She definitely had a fun day. Thanks for helping make it special for her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melia is a beautiful precious young girl! God will bless her sweet spirit!

    ReplyDelete