It's official.
I'm moving back to Arizona (and a little sooner than I expected)!
God has graciously opened doors for me to be the 5th grade teacher at Chandler Christian School next year and I am excited! There are so many things running through my mind right now, I'm not sure where to begin...
First, I've had to change my departure date (originally Aug. 1) from the DR as the first day of school is August 3. I haven't quite decided when I'll be back but I'm thinking around June 24-28.
Second, I have a whole lot to do before I leave. My first priority is to finish the sponsorship progress reports. Then I will help welcome 25 summer interns (and live with them for a week or two). I will get to talk about sponsorship with the first couple of work teams for the summer and show them where some of our students live. I'm also hoping to tidy up the library and prepare it for the next librarian.
In between all of that, (and the hardest part about leaving) I will be saying good-bye to many, many friends and all the students I have fallen in love with. I'm not even sure who to start with...
How can you help me during this process?
Please continue praying and sending your encouraging words as I know I'll need lots of support in transitioning to life back in the States. As I process everything that's happened over the past two years, I pray for a way to continue to be a part of the ministry with Kids Alive and the kids of Jarabacoa.
Other prayer requests-
I'm looking to buy a used car. I will also be looking for a roommate in the near future. Please let me know if you can be of help in these areas!
Lastly, I would love to reconnect with all of you who have been so faithful in supporting and praying for me during my time in the Dominican Republic. I'm hoping to have an open house of some sort but either way, please let me know if you'd like to get coffee or if you'd like me to share with your Bible study, Sunday school, church, etc.
I look forward to all God has in store for me and praise God for all He is doing here in the DR!
Julie-Anne
I love you so much! I can't tell you how excited I am that you are coming home!!! I will be praying that all your "loose ends" are tied up smoothly :)
ReplyDeletePraying for you constantly sweetie! I know that you will be working very hard as you are a very dedicated young lady. You always do your best at whatever God calls you to. I know you can do all that needs doing in the next couple of weeks! God will bless you, giving you strength and peace!
ReplyDelete