Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Two More Days...

It's true, I only have 2 days left in the Dominican Republic. I fly back to Arizona THIS Friday! Here are some pictures to give you a glimpse of what I've been up to the past few days...

Mallory is going to be a new missionary with Kids Alive here in Jarabacoa. Since she won't be coming until October, we decided it would be good for her to come for a week to 'learn the ropes' of what her responsibilities will be (Anija sponsorship and the library).

I tried to use as much change as I could.

I told Karolyn that I am her new 'madrina' or sponsor.

We've had a good time hanging out. :)

Said, "Bye" to the lizard in the library.
"Mr. Lizard" if it's a boy and "Lizzie" if it's a girl.

Took the work teams on barrio visits.

Enjoyed huge mangoes. :)

I've also hang out with the summer interns a bit. I took the girls who are helping at Anija to a jewelry shop in town and they loved riding on my motorcycle!

Spent time with the Coopers and hanging out with Joshua.

I made sure to take a picture with Justin Cooper so he will remember me :)

3 comments:

  1. I hope I get to meet Mallory some day! I am so glad she got to come for the week. From what you've told me I can only imagine how much it helped!

    AHHH!! Give all the Cooper kids a big good bye hug for me!!! (and Paul and Marcie ;)) Will you also Give Dahianna a hug for me (if you get a chance...no extra pressure)? I can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you sweetie! I can only imagine how hard it is to be with your friends, fellow missionaries, and students this week! I felt tears coming just thinking about the sweet relationships that you have developed in the DR. I am praying that you are able to leave each person in God's hands and that you will have a great final day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm praying for you today. I know this last day will be hard. You've had a big impact on a lot of people there. I'm proud of you sweetie. See you tomorrow night. :)

    ReplyDelete