Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Colossians 3:17

I am feeling a little discouraged today in learning Spanish. I really want to pass my Grade A exam but have to remind myself that if I don't pass the exam it is because I have not mastered the Grade A material and still need to review. I am anxious to get through as much material as possible but hesitant because I might not be actually digesting the material. Having 7 hours of language school and then coming home and needing to be motivated to study is very hard (but very necessary). I find myself giving myself pep talks saying, "this is for the ministry, not just for a grade." I continue to pray that the Lord gives me the desire to learn and really embrace the Spanish language.

Colossians 3:17
"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

3 comments:

  1. "For God is working in you, giving you the desire and power to do what pleases Him." Philippians 2:13

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janine is such a wonderful sister-in-law to encourage you with the word of God.
    Your feelings are natural for anyone in your situation! And you conquer today's exam and the Spanish language exactly as God has planned for you! You are doing your best sweetie, and that is exactly what God asks of you. We are all so very proud of you for taking on a whole new language for the glory of God, and the spreading of His word! Dad and I love you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dido to both above! I am so proud of all you've done, are doing, and are going to do!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete