What a great last week I have had here in Az (except for the heat)! First, I want to thank all of you who stopped by my farewell party. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family in Christ. It is about 10 hours until I leave and I am feeling pretty good about things at the moment but I am anticipating many tears saying good-bye to my family at the airport.
I received a couple of useful e-mails this week from the Christian Spanish Academy where I will be attending language school. I will be in school from 8-12 and 2-5pm, Monday through Friday. The school has free wireless internet so I will be able to post updates often. Tonight, the night before my departure, I finally received the name the family/person I will be staying with (Elizabeth). I am not sure if I will have internet before I start school on Monday but I will post an update asap noting my arrival, living situation, etc.
Once again, I cannot express how much your prayers and encouraging words mean to me. This step in my life has been a long time coming and now I am ready to leave my comfort zone and agenda behind and embrace the life and plans God has for me in Guatemala and the Dominican Republic.
*Prayer Requests- traveling safety, communication and relationship with my host family, first day of language school on Monday. Praise- my dad got a job and my mom passed her big state math test to teach high school math!
May God bless you and your family,
Julie-Anne
Psalm 67:1 "May God be merciful and bless us. May His face smile with with favor on us."
No comments:
Post a Comment