Hola! Me llamo Julie Anne. That is about as much Spanish as I know so far. I arrived safely last night in Guatemala and found my driver holding a sign with my name on it. I was quite overwhelmed then and continued to be overwhelmed when I arrived at my new home. I feel like I somewhat now know what people felt like during the Tower of Babel times...total confusion. Elizabeth, my hostess, was not home so her house care taker greeted me and showed me to my room. She said that breakfast would be at 7 am, or at least that´s what I thought she said (I was right). I met she other students at breakfast this morning who spoke English which was so nice! They filled me in on things like lunch is at 1pm and dinner is at 7pm. Elizabeth is very kind and has one daughter who is 18 and one son who is 20. I think she has 4 or 5 bedrooms for students like me. The house is pretty simple but pretty. The view for the rooftop is very cool. I can see 2 huge volcanos! Well, I am not sure what I will be doing today as I am a little scared to walk around by myself but we´ll see what´s in store. I will post pictures in a few days.
Psalm 67:2 "That Your way may be known on earth, Your salvation among all the nations."
Hope you are doing better than the last text we got. :) The promise still holds true though! His grace is sufficient. Glad you made it safe and can't wait to hear about your adventures! Love you and miss you already, girl!
ReplyDeleteKarly
You made it thru your first nite in Antigua! We are all so proud of you, Julie-Anne! I am praying for you constantly through out the day and nite. I hope you had a great day trip today!
ReplyDelete