Saturday, November 21, 2009

My Thoughts

Last week was a rough week in many ways for me. Here are some thoughts from my journal...

My mind has been occupied with thoughts about my future, frustrations, and doubts. And although I have had a thirst for the Lord I have let distractions come between me and spending the time I really need with God each day. I have been analyzing my time here so far, thinking about the future, letting myself get frustrated about my Spanish abilities (or inabilities), and doubting what may or may not come instead of focusing on today and resting in what God Almighty has in store for me.
Matthew 6:26-27, 33-34
"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?... But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
I have been reminded to pray and leave all my frustrations in God's hands. Although teaching English has been very challenging and not what I initially expected to do here and may feel discouraged at times, I am encouraged to know that I am meeting a need with Kids Alive and for the students at Anija.
Psalm 37:4
"Enjoy serving the Lord, and He will give you what you want."
The Lord has been faithful this week in providing encouragement, wisdom, and fellowship from many new friends and family in Christ. This week (and always) I am trying to remember Colossians 3:17,
"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."


Here are some pictures from a walk I went on recently. This is one of my favorite routes to walk/run.



















2 comments:

  1. Julie-Anne, u never cease to amaze me! I have no words to explain how proud of you I am so I am just going to say "keep up the amazing work and I will b praying that you FEEL to good that you ARE doing! I love you so much!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are learning what every Christian must learn in order to have the peace that God has for each of us. I love that you have shared what God is teaching you as you walk through this season of your life with Him. Anyone who reads this will be encouraged in their own walk with God. I am.
    I love you very much.
    MOM

    ReplyDelete