Here's a couple of pictures of Anija's campus.
Our new soccer field (almost)! Lots of progress has been made but there's still a few more things to do before the kids can start playing on it.
This is where the ABC house was located. It was one of our oldest building at Anija and was used for classes with the Haitian kids. This year the space will be used as a volleyball court but our future goal is to build a gymnasium in the next couple of years.
The two classrooms upstairs were finished this summer by work teams and a crew of Dominicans. The seventh and eighth graders are using these classrooms.
A random cockroach I drowned with bug spray. I accidentally grabbed the bug spray for 'flying insects' instead of cockroaches. It was a foam spray so one squirt didn't do anything, hence I sprayed a whole bunch.
You're so funny! :) You make me laugh. Love you. Have fun with mom.
ReplyDeleteYeHAW! The Bethany team is gonna have their work cut out for them on that soccer field this next week! Its come a long ways since I last was there!
ReplyDeleteI am SOOO excited that ANIJA is getting a soccer field! Those kids have got great soccer skills and now they will have somewhere to perfect them. (other than the short black top area they were playing on). And how cool is it to see those 7th and 8th grade rooms completed! Thanks for the pictures! (even the one of the cockroack :S)
ReplyDelete