Thursday, September 23, 2010

Look What I Found in the Library!



I have been looking and looking for these sticky numbers for the last few weeks and finally found them!

A second cool discovery, The Booklover's Repair Kit: First Aid for Home Libraries. Now, although I've never classified myself as a booklover, I do love to be organized and tidy and do things right.

This kit was tucked away in a cabinet in the library and boy has it been needed! I have to say, I've probably disgraced any librarian by the way I "repaired" a couple of books (packing tape?).

So I was pleased to see this spiffy manual that came with the kit.

I've always known there would be some 'library lingo' I needed to learn but man have my eyes been opened to a whole new language!

Overall, I have been enjoying working in the library. I wish I could have five minutes with each grade where I could talk in English and they could understand. I would talk about procedures in the library, things like using a placeholder when looking for a book, only taking one book at a time instead of five, how to handle and care for books, and simply how to turn the pages of a book without bending the corners. Please continue praying for my Spanish skills as I mentioned I have a whole other theme of vocabulary to learn, and that the library would be a place where the kids feel comfortable to come and read and have a little peace and quiet.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! You'll have to post before and after pictures of one of the books you repair with the kit!! :)

    ReplyDelete