Last weekend I had the opportunity to go to the beach with a new group of friends. I have to say that I was pretty anxious about the trip as another group of friends had gone to the beach a couple weekends before and had quite the experience. (On their way up to the beach they got lost in the dark on a dirt road full of pot holes. And amongst several other things, the worst was when seven of the girls were walking to dinner on the beach and a Dominican guy ran up and tried stealing one of the girls purses. The purse got caught on her arm and the guy started hitting her arm with an empty beer bottle. In the end, no one was seriously injured but the girls were pretty upset and the guy got away with the purse.)
But back to my weekend, like I said, I was a little anxious about going but I prayed a lot about the trip and for peace and rest and I had a great time! I took a few naps, went to bed around 9pm every night and relaxed on the beach. I enjoyed running, swimming, boogie boarding, and even watching a little tv! And my favorite part about the trip spending time praying, journaling, and reading God's Word (in air conditioning!).
I loved spending time with Jessica!
and getting to know some of the JCS teachers. :)
And of course we enjoyed beautiful sunsets on the beach. :)
I'm glad you had a nice relaxing time. You deserved it.
ReplyDelete