I am so excited to have my good friend Megan visiting me this week! Having visitors is always a blessing. I love showing people from back home where I've been living, the kids I work with, and the Dominican Republic. Here are some pictures from the week so far...
Megan's been enjoying riding on my motorcycle.
Showing Megan a little bit of Jarabacoa.
Megan helped by doing some actions with me while reading "De Paseo por la Selva" and "Dubi Dubi Muu!" during library time for the first and second graders.
We added note cards and labels to some new books that were donated.
Megan and I in the library
Doing welcome cards to send to their new sponsors!
We went along on some home visits one afternoon. This time we visited families who have applied for their child to attend Anija next year. I heard we have received almost 300 applications and are only accepting about 15-20 kids.
A potential Anija student for next year!
We walked around while I showed Megan where a couple of our other Anija students live.
I love hanging out with our kids outside of school. We brought a coloring book and crayons to color with the kids.
And they loved it! (along with a little snack of M&M's!)
What more can I say, kids love to color!
I'm sad that all these kids are not in our program at Anija...
More to come...
You are very creative with the time you spend with the students at Anija, whether in class or out of class! I am so proud of you! You and Megan are so cute together! Good job to both!
ReplyDeleteI reminds a bit of the time we served food at the homeless shelter for Thanksgiving. You were to young to serve so you walked around wearing an apron with crayons and notepads in it for the kids!
ReplyDelete