A few months ago, Chandler Christian School donated some coloring books and crayons to use at Anija. We have used a lot of them for birthday gifts but I also set a side a couple to use in the library. Wednesday afternoons I only have one library class with the first graders so I've made it a point to hang around the library until the afternoon classes start at 2pm. I started to notice that several of the kids came early as they would visit me in the library. One afternoon I decided to bring out a coloring book so the kids wouldn't get too crazy pulling out every book they saw. Well, it's become a tradition now, to have coloring time in the library before class starts on Wednesdays. Usually there are three or four kids but yesterday there were two tables full of kids! They were so cute I couldn't resist taking some pictures. :)
Library full of kids coloring!
Most of the kids who come early are in preschool or kindergarten.
It was great to see Tervens pull out the coloring book he got for his birthday.
They did a great job sharing crayons with an average of only two crayons breaking per week.
Concentrating on coloring well.
Another coloring book that was a birthday gift. :)
What a great idea. I'm sure the kids love it. You might run out of tables for them to sit at and coloring books soon. :)
ReplyDeleteThey do love it!
ReplyDelete