Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Week in Review

Monday- was a good day with a normal schedule. A couple of library classes, some sponsorship work, and dinner with the work team to talk about sponsorship.

Tuesday- is usually my hardest and longest day. This is the day I tend to see and think about what difficult situations our kids at Anija live in. The morning is full of library classes with third, fourth, and fifth graders and the afternoon with Awana. As I try to break up fights, explain that we are all God's children, whether we are Dominican, Haitian, or American and should treat each other well, struggle with communicating in Spanish, give tons of hugs, let kids play with my hair, and try to keep kids focused for 15 minutes when saying memory verses, I remember the times I've been to their houses and have seen the lack of love, support, discipline, basic necessities, and remember why each of us are here helping.

Wednesday- I finally got to go to 27 waterfalls! Twenty-seven waterfalls is about an hour and a half away from Jarabacoa. We spent all morning hiking up to the top of a mountain and coming down by jumping in waterfalls! It was beautiful. :)

Thursday- I have more library classes in the morning and sponsorship stuff in the afternoon. Each week I read a book to the first and second graders but this week I played a book on CD and we sang along to "De Paseo por la Selva." The kids really liked it! Now that we are done with Easter projects, we are starting the next sponsorship project to send to sponsors: Progress Reports!

Friday- I got some good news and some bad news. The good news is that we got two more new sponsors at Anija, which makes a total of 10 this month! (we are still in need of about 100 more sponsors for our kids at Anija, let me know if you are interested!) The bad news, my mom informed me that Datadoctors could not recover any of my files from my new computer which leaves me without pictures, an updated list of supporters addresses, sponsorship stuff, and much more from the last year. Praise the Lord I kept up my blog and have those pictures!

Saturday- was a relaxing day filled with a long run with Jessica, a motorcycle ride with a group of girls, and talking on skype with my parents and good friend Kristen.

*sorry for the lack of pictures, I've been unmotivated to take pictures as I don't have space on my old computer to upload them, I will post some soon*


1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a week! I don't suppose you were able to take any pictures at 27 waterfalls...was anyone else taking photos while you were jumping in?

    What does "De Paseo por la Selva." mean?

    I am SO sorry about your computer :.( Have you asked all your friends in the DR and the ones that came to visit to gather and send you all the photos they have of your time there?

    I can't believe you used "relaxing" and "long run" in the same sentence...and only 5 words a part! When I come visit, I show how "relaxing" should be done! ;) J/K

    After all the hills and valleys this week, I am so glad it ended on a high note! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete