Sunday, June 19, 2011

Prayers Needed

Please pray for one of our kindergartners at Anija. We just found out that her mom was put in prison because of her involvement with drugs. Her dad is apparently taking care of her but we aren't convinced this is the best situation for her. We are praying and people are talking to see if living at our residential site, the Ark, would be an option for her.

I also found out that a Haitian friend, who worked at Anija last year, is being beaten by her husband. When the police came she wouldn't say anything she just sat on the floor, crying. They just had their first baby a few months ago. A lot of people are surprised and have tried to get her out of the house but she refuses to leave.

2 comments:

  1. "Oh dear God, Please give her strength!!!!!"

    I have seen that sooo often, but Arizona has taken the option for prosecution out of the victims hands (specifically for this reason).

    I will be praying for the kindergartner and her family and the Haitian, their baby and her husband!

    ReplyDelete